The antiquarian

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

   

Links

     The following links are provided for your convenience.  Hopefully you will find them of interest and useful.

Rose Bowl Collections & Information

The Stu Horn Collection:  Large, noteworthy Rose Bowl Collection.

Rose Bowl Collectors Group:  Rose Bowl Collectors Group, discussion forum.

Burmese Decorations of T. Webb and Sons:  Well illustrated and very usefully site,  provided courtesy of the Fair Lamp Club. 

 

Fair Lamps

Fair Lamp Club.com: Fair Lamp Club's site provides lots of associated information.

 

MOP Information

Mother of Pearl :  Common Patterns by Stu Horn.

 

Museums

Anchor Hocking Glass Museum:  Private Collection and Museum of over 12,000 pieces located in San Antonio, TX

Cambridge Glass Museum:  The museum is located in Cambridge, Ohio. 

Corning Museum of Glass Is located in Corning New York, and is also the home of The Rakow Research Library.

Duncan Miller Glass Museum:  Located in Washington,  PA and dedicated to Duncan and Miller Glass Company.

Fostoria Glass Heritage Gallery:  The Museum is dedicated to glass made in the thirteen glass plant located in Fostoria, Ohio during the period of  1887 to 1920.

Fostoria Glass Museum:  Is located in Moundsville, WV and dedicated to Fostoria Glass.

National Heisey Glass Museum:  Located in Newark, OH and Dedicated to A. H. Heisey Glass Co. 

The Henry Ford Museum:  Is located in Dearborn MI, has a glass collection and a working glassworks. 

The Houston Museum:  Located in Chattanooga, TN and contains a fine collection of Glass and Ceramics.  It was founded through the generosity of an eccentric antique dealer, Anna Safley Houston (1876 - 1951).  The Museum boast the world's largest collection of antique pitchers.  

The National Imperial Glass MuseumIs located in Bellaire, OH dedicated to Imperial Glass Co.

Oglebay Institute Mansion and Glass Museum:  Is located in Wheeling WV and is dedicated to Glasshouses from the Wheeling WV area.  They hold over 3000 examples of glass produced between 1829-1939.

Ohio Glass Museum:  Is dedicate to glass producers in Ohio.

Sandwich Glass Museum:  Located in Sandwich, MA and is dedicated to Boston & Sandwich Glass.

Rockwell Museum:  Is located downtown Corning NY.  They claim to have the largest public exhibition in the world of the beautifully colored glass designed by Fredrick Carder, the Englishman who co-founded Steuben Glass Works in 1903.

Tacoma Museum of Glass:  Located in Tacoma, WA showcases works by internationally known artists who illuminate trends in contemporary art.  They also offer a Hot shop for live glass making demonstrations. 

Tiffin Glass Museum:  Located in Tiffin, OH and dedicated to the Tiffin glass.  The Museum is the culmination of preservation efforts by members of the Tiffin Glass Collectors Club

Toledo Museum of Art:  The Glass Pavilion, contains glass from the 19th and 20th century both European and American.  Founded by Edward Drummond Libbey.

The Victoria and Albert Museum:  Glass section.

Wheaton Village, Museum of American Glass:  Located in Millville, NJ.   The glass represented starts at 1739, Wistarburgh Glass Works, America's first successful glass factory and other glass factories including Mount Washington, Pairpoint, Durand, and Tiffany.

LG Wright Museum:  The museum was located in New Martinsville, WV.  It was closed at the time of the company liquidation.  The museum was dedicated to glass produced for and sold by the LG Write Glass Co. of New Martinsville, WV.  It is estimated that 70% of the glass produced for LG Wright Glass Co. was produced by Fenton.  The remaining 30% by other Glasshouses, since LG Wright had no glass manufacturing capacity.  LG Wright Glass Co. sold glass under their name from 1936 until their close in 1999 with an auction of the company's remaining glass inventory and glass molds. 

WV Museum of American Glass:  Is located in Weston, WV and dedicated to the region and nation's rich glass heritage

 

Loetz and Bohemian Glass Information

Loetz.com :  Loetz, Czech & Bohemian Art Glass

Alfredo Villanueva's Kralik SiteKralik Art Glass

Alfredo Villanueva's Loetz Site: Loetz glass

Tony Abbate Site:  Loetz, Kralik, Rindskopf, Pallme-Koenig

David Littlefield Site:  Loetz, Czech & Bohemian Art Glass  

Warren Gallé's Bohemian Glass Website:  Bohemian Art Glass

Craig Orkney's kralik-glass.com Bohemian Glass, Kralik, Loetz, Palme-Koenig, Rindskopf and Weltz

 © 2007 the antiquarian, All rights and media reserved.